Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Same Person

A while ago I made a promise to myself that I would be the same person in every situation. What you see is what you get, no more of the "placate everyone else until you don't remember who you are anymore" game. If people are offended shrug it off and know that they weren't your friend in the first place.

There's a history and context to that decision, of course, but the consequence has basically been that I am transparent. Not everyone gets it, and I admittedly struggle with it at times. I don't wantonly blab my opinion at every given opportunity, and I do my best to be wise with what I express to certain people, but I hope that people recognize me as someone who is honest and worthy of trust because of it.

So, with all of that said, why a new blog?

Because I want a fresh place to type up ideas. Whenever I go to post on my older blogs I end up feeling bogged down by the history I find there. I'm going to try to limit this to substantive thoughts - most of which will probably stem from a medical origin. Sorry, it's the nature of the beast.

No comments:

Post a Comment