Monday, October 8, 2012

Riding Shotgun

Today was move in day. I met my landlady, an elderly woman who moved out here from Chicago 25 years ago after injuring her knee. Inher words "They told me to go on disability, I didn't want to get bored and figured I've done plenty of crazy things, why not this." She also introduced me to her two dogs-a big black mutt appropriately named Muttsy and a smaller white and brindle whose name I honestly can't remember at the moment :-P

Once I signed the paperwork and got the walkthrough (which did not take long. This place is pretty much a small motel room with a kitchenette attached) it was time to finish out the furnishings. This meant a trip to Walmart, either in Kalispell or Great Falls. Since the weather was really drizzly and cold, I opted for Great Falls - Kalispell is a drive through the mountains that I would rather save for nice weather.

Rocky sat shotgun for the trek - a welcome change for both of us, since he's been riding in the kennel during this trip. It was absolutely hilarious to watch his reaction to the windshield wipers. He launched at them every time they swooped across, yipping in frustration when he couldn't make them stop. On the way back, I splurged on McDonalds and realized that my dog is all too capable of becoming a snob in record time. Give him fries? He's thrilled. Give him a nugget? He must be in heaven. Give him fries after a nugget? Who eats those? [let it be known that I do not regularly eat fast food, nor do I endorse giving greasy fare to pets....especially since they get spoiled that quickly :-P]

Tomorrow is my first day at the hospital...jitters are definitely on the docket tonight. And distraction is difficult since my apartment is apparently a black hole of wireless connectivity.....

No comments:

Post a Comment